Energy Vets Taranaki Ltd (formerly Inglewood Vet Services Ltd) was established in 1993 as a contract practice servicing Inglewood Vet Group (Club) members. The Inglewood Veterinary Group had been operating services from the current Inglewood site since 1963 after the Club had been established in 1946.
Originally Ray Paewai and Neil Chesterton, both veterinarians formerly employed by the Inglewood Vet Group, formed a company called Inglewood Veterinary Services (IVS) to provide veterinary services under contract to IVG. Another contract was agreed between EVT and the Waitara based North Taranaki Vet Services club in 2004, who had been servicing North Taranaki since 1951 and present on their current Browne Street site since 1962.
Now the practice services areas from Mokau to Tariki. EVT is now owned by four shareholders all of whom work in the business.
In 1993 the staff consisted of 4 vets and 5 support staff and has since grown, by 2021, to 16 vets and 30 support staff including management, administration, reception, nurses, technicians and sales. Both clinic buildings have been modernised and enlarged to accommodate the growth of small animal services and staff.
The practice has continued to service the dominant dairy industry in Taranaki and this makes up ~58% of our work. The Companion Animal side of the practice (cats and dogs) has grown to become 35% of our business with 5 vets dedicated to this area of work. The remainder of species are catered for with a significant number of horses in the area along with sheep and beef, goats, deer, alpacas and any other species that requires our services.